Thailand’s Top 5 Beaches
Thailand – the Land of Smiles – has much to offer visitors, not least of all the beautiful beaches which line the coast and which are among some of the most stunning in the world.
But with so many beaches to choose from near our luxury resorts in Thailand, we thought it might be interesting to see which made the list of Top 5 Beaches in a recent survey by online resource site About.com.
As you will see, the beaches the experts at About.com have chosen span the length and breadth of the country, with many being located close to some of our luxury resorts in Thailand.
- Patong Beach, Phuket: this beach is close to our three of our four luxury beach resorts in Thailand based on the island of Phuket; Absolute Twin Sands Resort and Spa, Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort and Spa, and Absolute Bangla Suites. The beach is famously long and wide, with a number of excellent water sports facilities, restaurants and bars within walking distance.
- Railey Beach, Krabi: this spectacular beach is actually on the mainland although it is only accessible by boat, giving a rather exotic ‘deserted island’ feel to it.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi Ley: this beach is on a small island opposite Koh Phi Phi, surrounded by tall limestone cliffs and fringed with crystal clear waters perfect for swimming and snorkelling.
- Hua Hin Beach, Hua Hin: this beach on the Gulf of Siam is extremely popular with locals and those living in Bangkok.
- Kata Beach Phuket: this beautiful beach is situated on the southern easterly side of Phuket, north far from our luxury beach resort in Thailand based on Nakalay Beach, several coves north. This wide sandy beach can be easily reached by guests staying in the Absolute Nakalay Beach Resort.