Shop till you drop in Thailand
Thailand is known for its abundant shopping and so where else to hunt for the best bargains than in the Land of Smiles!
TRIPADVISOR, the world’s largest travel site, reveals the top ten street markets in Thailand, as rated by travellers around the world. Topping the list is Chiang Mai’s Sunday Night Market which is located near Tha Pae Gate and extends for approximately 1 km down the full length of Ratchadamnoen Road.
As recommended by a TripAdvisor traveller, “ Great shopping with amazing bargains. You can graze your way through the walking streets with every kind of appetizer, main course, sweet on offer.”
Bangkok’s most famous Chatuchak Weekend Market also features in the list as well as the unique Maeklong Railway Market and Amphawa Floating Market.
1. Sunday Night Market Walking Street – Tha Pae Gate, Chiang Mai
2. Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub) – Samut Songkhram
3. Saturday Night Market Walking Street – Wua Lai Road, Chiang Mai
4. Pak Khlong Talat (Flower Market) – Bangkok
5. Chatuchak Weekend Market – Bangkok
6. Phuket Town Night Market – Phuket Town, Phuket
7. Amphawa Floating Market – Amphawa, Samut Songkhram
8. Siam Square – Bangkok
9. Hua Hin Night Bazaar – Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan
10. Night Bazaar – Chiang Mai
“Street markets are an integral part of Thai culture and are popular with both locals and foreigners alike,” said Jean Ow-Yeong, TripAdvisor spokesperson. “For that authentic and unique Thai shopping experience, TripAdvisor’s global community of travellers have uncovered the best street markets in the nation.” – TripAdvisor